LOS ANGELES, CA
- Preparation and control of subsidiary ledgers insuring the proper classification and recording of each transaction
- Assists Accountant in the preparation of journal entries
- Inputs all time sheets to system. Keeps proper individuals up-to-date on time sheets that are outstanding. Runs monthly cost reports for Cost Accounting Supervisor
- Prepares and inputs General Journal entries
- Routine analysis of general ledger and expense ledger accounts under direction of Accountant or Accounting Manager
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for both the expense and media bank accounts, fixed asset reports, and inter-company balance analysis and elimination entries
- Maintain capital and fixed asset schedule
- Prepare property and business tax returns
- Prepares daily cash reports
- Prepares account analysis
- Monthly bus and train employee expenses – taxable fringe benefits schedule
- Review, approve and post employee expense reports
Length and type of experience normally required: Depends on educational achievement. This can be a starter position for a graduate or near-graduate evening student.
Education normally required: Equivalent of two years of four-year degree program in Accounting.
Personality traits and other standard requirements: Well organized, flexible, detail-minded, and possessing the initiative to learn new concepts.