This position will primarily assist the Account Executive on day-to-day activities on the account – General Market advertising. On occasion this position may assist with new business or research projects as required.
- Under the direction of the Account Executive, ensure that progressive steps in the process are approved with adequate time to meet schedules.
- Responsible for assisting with commercial scheduling, requisitions, opening jobs, status reports, and preparation of materials for client meetings.
- Assist A/E to prepare and receive client approval of Job Orders with sufficient information so other agency staff can complete client projects in an effective and timely manner.
- Develop timetable for client projects in conjunction with the other members of the team and ensure the timely execution of all projects.
- Assist with obtaining required client approvals and advise A/E of agency personnel informed of client requests and changes.
- Under direction of AE, assist with monthly billing process including monthly accrual summary, checking for accuracy and reviewing against estimate.
- Assist in the development of the Asian Market communications projects including specific and unique needs such as translations.
- Track sales information, most notably ongoing concert sales and advise team of media scheduling and production changes.
- Participate in New Business activities as needed.
- Responsible for keeping accurate timesheets and submitting them in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Senior or recent college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Advertising, or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Prior internship beneficial.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and make basic presentation before clients or employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient with the following computer software/systems: Internet and email applications, MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Database software
- Able to work extended hours, including weekends, as required.
- Ability to use good judgment when making business decisions and performing tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention-to-detail; demonstrates a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.