This position will primarily assist the Account Executive on day-to-day activities on the account – General Market advertising. On occasion this position may assist with new business or research projects as required.
- Under the direction of the Account Executive, ensure that progressive steps in the process are approved with adequate time to meet schedules.
- Responsible for assisting with commercial scheduling, requisitions, opening jobs, status reports, and preparation of materials for client meetings.
- Assist A/E to prepare and receive client approval of Job Orders with sufficient information so other agency staff can complete client projects in an effective and timely manner.
- Develop timetable for client projects in conjunction with the other members of the team and ensure the timely execution of all projects.
- Assist with obtaining required client approvals and advise A/E of agency personnel informed of client requests and changes.
- Under direction of AE, assist with monthly billing process including monthly accrual summary, checking for accuracy and reviewing against estimate.
- Assist in the development of the Asian Market communications projects including specific and unique needs such as translations.
- Track sales information, most notably ongoing concert sales and advise team of media scheduling and production changes.
- Participate in New Business activities as needed.
- Responsible for keeping accurate timesheets and submitting them in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Advertising, or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Prior internship beneficial.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and make basic presentation before clients or employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient with the following computer software/systems: Internet and email applications, MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Database software
- Able to work extended hours, including weekends, as required.
- Ability to use good judgment when making business decisions and performing tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention-to-detail; demonstrates a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit at desk and work on the computer for extended periods of time. He/she will work a standard business workweek in a multi-story office building with elevator access.