HOW TO GET A JOB AT DE
Be crazy talented at everything you do.
Find the position you're interested in and introduce yourself. Don't forget to attach your resume.
Double check that you attached your resume. If you didn't, resend your email. Then just sit back and wait for a call.
LOS ANGELES, CA
To produce bold, strategic, persuasive Spanish-language messages in all media for our clients; and to create advertising that produces results for clients & wins awards. This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Develop concepts for media advertising, collateral, sales promotion, and other communications needed by clients.
- Work with Creative Brief and Work Order to ensure concepts meet strategic goals and objectives.
- Write body copy & headlines in Spanish for client advertising materials.
- Produce trans-creations of general market ads for Hispanic market as needed.
- Proofread all creative materials before client presentations or materials are shipped for production.
- Review final artwork, rough cuts, etc. for accuracy before final production.
- Present creative materials to clients.
- Review all materials with CD before proceeding to the next step.
- Participate in broadcast production process to ensure quality.
- Adhere to schedules and budgets.
- Turn in accurate timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Concepted materials meet clients’ strategic objectives.
- Projects are completed on time and within budget.
- CD approves materials for presentation/production.
- Client presentations are organized and effective.
- Timesheets are completed on a timely basis.
- Agency’s work is well represented in various award shows.
- Fully bilingual (read, write, speak) in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of US Hispanic market
- BS or BA or equivalent
- 5 years of copywriting experience; advertising agency preferred
- Strong presentation skills
LOS ANGELES, CA
The Art Director is responsible for conceptual development and the execution of creative deliverables. These responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, implementing marketing strategies and developing interactive design solutions
- Developing concepts and communicating ideas
- Balancing strategic development with client business objectives
- Directing & delegating to core creative services disciplines (design, information architecture, audio design, production and copywriting)
- Directly contributing to project design and development: - creating storyboards / initial graphic concepts - conceiving functional design solutions - creating site grids and interface demos
- Providing quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Interact with Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s)
- Work closely with account executives to schedule and monitor all projects
- Provide detailed direction to designers
- Become acquainted with the clients marketing approach and the marketing environment in which they sell
Strong design portfolio with 4+ years education
3+ years design and interactive work experience
Agency experience required
Ability to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment
Thorough knowledge Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and other Creative Suite applications
Mobile experience is a plus
Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics
Ability to think creatively and justify concepts to clients and team members
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to work with multiple teams on one project with great communication skills, both verbal and written
LOS ANGELES, CA
This position will create imaginative, understandable and persuasive copy under the guidance and supervision of the Creative Director.
- Developing and executing campaigns in all advertising mediums, including digital, social, television, print and radio
- Writing copy to carry out the creative concept
- Responsible for original ideas, for clear, concise and convincing writing: for grammatical and material accuracy
- Working productively and harmoniously as a teammate with Art Directors and Producers
- Keeping up with current trends and the latest technological advances
Must have 3+ years of previous advertising agency experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience preferred
Portfolio and reel required to demonstrate creative and technical skills
Excellent writing skills; punctuation, spelling, structure and organization of writing
Experience working on supermarket retail and QSR is a plus
Previous experience writing short and long copy
Excellent presentation skills; ability to explain and discuss ideas
Can work in a fast-paced agency environment
Utilize proprietary data systems and reporting tools to conduct data analysis, draw conclusions and provide a point of view to team members
Provide thought leadership on marketing decisions and strategies
Interpret and report promotions, product mix, sales, guest counts and profit results for client meetings
Prepare detailed post-promotional recaps
Provide scenarios, forecasting and break-even analysis for proposed promotions and marketing campaigns
Develop ongoing reporting to keep team informed of current trends
Responsible for presenting results and findings in a clear and concise manner while also fielding questions from clients
Create strong relationships with team members and clients
Communicate with staff and supervisors continuously on all client communication, projects and assignments
Marketing analytics experience
Ability to work well in a collaborative atmosphere
Must possess strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Must be a self-starter while possessing a curiosity and passion for numbers
Proficient in MS Excel, charting, graphs, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, PC and Mac
Statistics, Finance or Marketing major preferred
BA/BS required; MBA a plus
LOS ANGELES, CA
- Preparation and control of subsidiary ledgers insuring the proper classification and recording of each transaction
- Assists Accountant in the preparation of journal entries
- Inputs all time sheets to system. Keeps proper individuals up-to-date on time sheets that are outstanding. Runs monthly cost reports for Cost Accounting Supervisor
- Prepares and inputs General Journal entries
- Routine analysis of general ledger and expense ledger accounts under direction of Accountant or Accounting Manager
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for both the expense and media bank accounts, fixed asset reports, and inter-company balance analysis and elimination entries
- Maintain capital and fixed asset schedule
- Prepare property and business tax returns
- Prepares daily cash reports
- Prepares account analysis
- Monthly bus and train employee expenses – taxable fringe benefits schedule
- Review, approve and post employee expense reports
Length and type of experience normally required: Depends on educational achievement. This can be a starter position for a graduate or near-graduate evening student.
Education normally required: Equivalent of two years of four-year degree program in Accounting.
Personality traits and other standard requirements: Well organized, flexible, detail-minded, and possessing the initiative to learn new concepts.
DIGITAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
LOS ANGELES, CA
Davis Elen is seeking a detail oriented, multitasking Digital Media Coordinator to support the media team in development and execution of multiple media plans. In this junior-level position, the Digital Media Coordinator will have the opportunity to learn and develop research, strategy, negotiation, and optimization skills across all digital media vehicles (display, mobile, video, audio, social, etc.) This position requires the ability to work well with multiple internal teams and external vendors in order to effectively achieve client and departmental goals. The ideal candidate will be an analytical, strategic and creative thinker who is able to work in both independent and collaborative environments. We're looking for someone who is inspired by (and has) big ideas but recognizes the details and challenges associated with making those ideas a reality. Additionally, this person will be flexible and has the ability to shift gears on the fly while maintaining a positive sense of humor.
- Ensures that standard communication (within Planning/with other Agency disciplines/with Clients) for each piece of business across all teams adheres to established processes and procedures
- Generates insertion orders, digital tags/trafficking, and post campaign reports for Clients
- Quality checks digital creative assets prior to delivery
- Coordinates and reconciles billing
- Assists with tracking media expenditures to ensure agency and Client budget compliance
- Updates Client media activity flowcharts
- Assists with proposal evaluations and developing Client media plans
- Begins to develop media knowledge base in preparation for media research responsibilities that include: evaluating media research data; developing points of view; understanding systems applications; understanding various media and their applications against Client strategies/goals.
- Become acquainted with the clients marketing approach and the marketing environment in which they sell.
Bachelor's Degree required - Attention to detail required
Experience in digital trafficking (Doubleclick, Sizmek) strongly preferred
Internship or prior media experience preferred
Ability to handle multiple tasks required
Strong mathematical abilities required
Proficiency in MS Office including MS Outlook.
This position will also regularly use agency accounting system and/or other media buying specific software
DIGITAL ADVERTISING STRATEGIST
LOS ANGELES, CA
Partner with Agency colleagues and Client to develop and implement multi-channel digital advertising campaigns. The Client is a technology business that is leading the way in developing mobile products, services and personal support that empower the senior segment to age in place. DavisElen has helped develop the start-up business into a $300 million company.
The role works directly with the Account Supervisor, Account Director and Director of Digital Services to drive client strategies and creative output. The role requires direct contact with the Director of Digital on the Client side.
The position needs someone with strong communication and client management skills. Good knowledge of ppc, sem , campaign optimization and custom ad and display performance is preferred. Strong analytical skills and research background are helpful.
- Providing strategic insights to internal creative teams to drive better creative output with solid rationale.
- Working with account team to provide creative briefs with specific digital strategic insights.
- Presenting the set-up for all creative presentations to the Client in-person and/or via go-to/conference calls
- Collaborating with Digital Advertising Agency and proactively identify opportunities to improve performance
- Apply advanced knowledge of general Digital Marketing and specific Search Engine Marketing best practices
- Gather, research, analyze, and organize target insights and competitive trends and make recommendations supported by identified facts.
- 8+ years experience managing clients directly
- Must be a strong presenter
- 5+ years digital marketing experience required
- Digital agency background preferred
- Understanding of social strategy, content creation/planning
- Familiar with Radian6, Crimson, Hexagon, Meltwater
- Advanced Excel skills required, PowerPoint skills strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain poise under stress and to respond quickly, logically, and patiently
This position will primarily assist the Account Executive on day-to-day activities on the account – General Market advertising. On occasion this position may assist with new business or research projects as required.
- Under the direction of the Account Executive, ensure that progressive steps in the process are approved with adequate time to meet schedules.
- Responsible for assisting with commercial scheduling, requisitions, opening jobs, status reports, and preparation of materials for client meetings.
- Assist A/E to prepare and receive client approval of Job Orders with sufficient information so other agency staff can complete client projects in an effective and timely manner.
- Develop timetable for client projects in conjunction with the other members of the team and ensure the timely execution of all projects.
- Assist with obtaining required client approvals and advise A/E of agency personnel informed of client requests and changes.
- Under direction of AE, assist with monthly billing process including monthly accrual summary, checking for accuracy and reviewing against estimate.
- Assist in the development of the Asian Market communications projects including specific and unique needs such as translations.
- Track sales information, most notably ongoing concert sales and advise team of media scheduling and production changes.
- Participate in New Business activities as needed.
- Responsible for keeping accurate timesheets and submitting them in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Senior or recent college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Advertising, or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Prior internship beneficial.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and make basic presentation before clients or employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient with the following computer software/systems: Internet and email applications, MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Database software
- Able to work extended hours, including weekends, as required.
- Ability to use good judgment when making business decisions and performing tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention-to-detail; demonstrates a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.